Please visit the Wiki & Trac & Subversion Repository
(provided by Le_Vert) for more information about Nicotine-Plus.
Nicotine Sourceforge Project
NOTE: these code changes are not sanctioned by Hyriand
. So if it messes you up, don't bug him.
Version 1.2.6 October 21st 2006
- Added a GUI for new built-in NowPlaying scripts and new /now command to use
them. Supported players: Amarok, Rhythmbox, BMPx, XMMS/Infopipe, MPD/mpc.
An 'other' player option also exists.
- Added /buddy, /rem, unbuddy commands to Private Chat and Chat Rooms.
- The Userinfo Picture file chooser now displays a preview of the image
- Private Chat does not allow you to send messages while offline. New
disconnected and reconnected messages appear in the chat log. Another new
message is displayed if you were sent messages while offline.
- Users' Shares lists can be saved to disk and then reloaded them, for ease
and speed. On *nix, these files will be stored in ~/.nicotine/usershares/
- Display shares-scanning errors in the Log Window
- Added Titlebar messages on Private Chat and nick mention in Chat Rooms
- Disabled: Urgency Hint on highlight (Titlebar flashes, or WM tries to get
your attention) Doesn't work very well, disabled for now.
- Popup a warning message if the Guide cannot be found
- Added 'Copy all' menu item to Room Status logs and the debug log
- Also added icons to the Clear log and the Remove Dislike menu items
- Enlarged number entry boxes in Transfer Settings
- Added thread protection to File/Directory Chooser (was getting freezes)
- Search's Close button also "ignores" the search, like the X button the tab.
- Fixed bug in "Download file(s) to..." causing the path to be corrupted.
- Use a safer method to save the config file. Create 'config.new', move old
'config' to 'config.old', rename 'config.new' to 'config' (from 1.1.0pre1)
- Added 4 nicotine-plus-??px.png icons 16px, 32px, 64px and 96px.
- nicotine.desktop and nicotine-plus-32px.png are installed to
$PREFIX/share/applications and $PREFIX/share/pixmaps
- Added elaborate Unicode filename-reading hack. This should allow
non-latin files/directories to be added to the shares. (Since this feature
breaks in Linux, Windows detection is used throughout the filescanner
converting strings to unicode and back.
- Always load dbhash module on Windows
- Re-enable Server Ping (120 sec) and Timeout for Connection Close (120 sec)
- Spoof warning now includes the IP and port of the user sending the message.
- Hacked apart Systraywin32 from Gajim to work with Nicotine+ on Windows
requires pywin32 which you can download from here:
- Fixed a bug with the Trayicon intially being icon-less
Version 126.96.36.199 September 18th 2006
- Hungarian translation updated (djbaloo)
- Portuguese-Brazilian translation finished (SuicideSolution)
- Slovak Translation Updated (Jozef)
Version 1.2.5 September 17th 2006
- Made TrayIcon not attempt to load on 'win32' operating systems
- Fixed trayicon bug that caused error messages everytime the Settings
window's Apply or Okay button was pressed when the trayicon isn't loaded.
(reported by renu_mulitiplus)
- Fixed displaying your own Userinfo image on Windows.
- Replace the characters ?, ", :, >, <, |, and
- with an underscore _ on
Windows, to avoid filesystem errors. (Reported by theorem21)
- Made the Directory Chooser start with the predefined directory set.
- Made columns reorderable (temporarily, they return to the default order
after a restart)
- Made the encodings Comboboxes give location or language details in a
- Made all the popup menus have GTK stock icons.
- Made most of the Main Menu items have icons.
- Added three new menu options under help: Offline Nicotine Plus Guide, the
Nicotine-Plus Trac and the Nicotine Plus Sourceforge Project websites.
- Added the NicotinePlusGuide to setup.py, so it will be installed
- Set Firefox as the default http:// URL handler
- Replaced "pure text" percent column with a CellRendererProgress column in
the Downloads and Uploads transfer lists.
- Added option to UI Settings to show/hide the transfer buttons.
- Added expander to glade2py, so it can now be used.
- Rearranged the new user entry/buttons to the top left of their tabs, added
spacing inside tabs.
- Added more stock GTK icons to Settings and Userinfo, among other places.
- Added confirmation exit popup dialog when quitting with the window manager.
- Made the main window's minimum size to be 500x500 px
- Fixed a typo in transferlist.py that caused some transfers to get stuck in the Initializing state, even though transfers still work.
- Fixed the Chatrooms tab hilite bug (reported by Offhand, xrc)
- Made the Tray Icon's popup menu disable menu options based on connection status. Also simplified its code to match the way Nicotine normally creates menus.
- Made Trayicon toggleable while running from the UI settings or at startup with --enable-trayicon, -t and --disable-trayicon, -d
- Made /search commands modify the search history
- Added 'clear search history' button to search
- Shortened Search tab length and added a label containing the full query next to the "Enable filters" checkbox.
- Notifications: Now testing 'flite' support, a text-to-speech engine.
This may or may not be removed. The option is 'speechenabled'
- Moved Icon theme and Sound theme settings inside separate expanders.
- Notifications: Added a sound effect, room_nick.ogg, for nick-mention in
chatrooms (when not in that room) and a separate sound effect, private.ogg,
for when a private message arrives, and you are not in that tab. Sound
options are found in the UI settings, and separate sound theme directories
and audio players can be selected, as well. Ogg files are installed into
Version 188.8.131.52 August 18th 2006
- Added support for sending and receiving Soulseek peer message 52, Upload
Queue Notification, which allows users to notify upload recipients that
they are attempting to send a file. Also, a log message is printed when a
user attempts to send you file(s) and an automatic is sent if they aren't
- Add a Bool to the GetUserStatus message received from the server, for
privileges. If 1, add user to list of privileged users.
- Added SendUploadSpeed (121) message which replaced SendSpeed (34) a long
time ago. Thanks to sierracat for the info, and to slack---line for testing.
- Modified CheckVersion function to allow for milli ( X.X.X.X ) versioning.
Version 1.2.4 August 17th 2006
Note: Crashes on Windows, use 184.108.40.206
- Disabled use of 'pwd' module on windows (Crashes otherwise)
- Fixed bug with Buddylist tab not appearing on startup.
- Fixed bug with double-clicking on a user in the Buddylist
not switching to the correct private chat tab.
Version 1.2.3 July 7th 2006
- Added new translations for Hungarian (djbaloo) and Slovak (Josef Riha)
- Made Buddylist toggleable between its own tab and pane on the right side of chatrooms
- Rearranged tabs to the top of the window
- Rearranged Browse Share's progress bar as in Ziabice's patch
- Added a Font selector for chat messages under Settings->UI->Interface (47th_Ronin's request)
- Made Nicotine's shares builder ignore ALL dot-files and dot-directories (such as the ~/.nicotine/ directory) for security reasons. (Izaak's idea)
- Warn if home directory is being shared. (Izaak's idea)
- Added the First in, First out queue from jat's evil cocaine patch (without any of the other features)
- Added gtk stock icons to many buttons
- Added user entry boxes in Private Chat, User info, and User browse
- Added new birdy icons which replace the little people icons
- Added a theme selector to Settings->UI->Interface->Icon Theme Directory. If any of the theme icons exist in this directory, they'll be used instead of the built-in images.
- Made Copy URL popup menu options use the ctrl-c/ctrl-v clipboard, as well as the middle-click one
- Split big Download/Upload Popup menus into submenus
- Fixed an problem with upload percentages not working properly
Version 1.2.2 June 15th 2006
- Added abort, retry, ban, clear queued, and clear finished/aborted buttons to transfers.
- Made lists' rows to use the alternating color pattern.
- Changed all the icons. Most of the new icons are modified from Mark James' Silk icon set: http://www.famfamfam.com/lab/icons/silk/
- Fixed other users sending PM cause the tab to be switched to their message.
- Fixed erroneously translated internal strings that caused queued downloads to fail.
Version 1.2.1 June 10th 2006
- Renamed "User list" to "Buddy list"
- Added Double-clicking on a user starts a private message in the chatrooms,
the userlist, and similar users.
- Added TrayIcon from unreleased Nicotine 1.1.0pre1, and added a menu to it.
This is a module and needs to be compiled.
- Added Speed, Files and Dirs to userinfo
- Made more strings translatable
- Added Buddy-only shares
Version 1.2.0 May 10th 2006
- Added a bunch of hotkeys to the popup menus and normal menus.
- Added a new menu for Modes (Chat Rooms, Private Chat, etc)
- Starting a Private message via the Popup menu will now switch you Private Chat tab, so you can immediately start typing.
- Fixed a segfault in User Browse, if you clicked on the folder expanders while shares were loading. This was done making the folder pane be disabled while refreshing.
- Updated translations to work with hotkey menu and other changes
- French translation: systry corrected typos and translated more strings.
- Added a Send to Player popup menu item, which allows you to send downloading, uploading or files in your own shares to an external program, such as a media player.
Version 1.0.8-e March 25 2006
- Added New Room and User search messages, and use them instead of sending out
direct peer searches
- Fixed all those depreciated Combo() functions, updated all of them to
PyGTK 2.6 compatible functions.
- Fixed the CRITICAL pygtk_generic_tree_model warning that has been plaguing
Nicotine since GTK2.4 came out. The problem was fixed by adding "if not node: node = self.tree"
to the on_iter_nth_child() function.
- Moved the upload popup-menu item so that it isn't incorrectly disabled from sending multiple files.
- Added two new debugging messages so that when someone browses you and or gets
your userinfo, you can see their username. ( Idea/code stolen from "Airn Here",
pointed out by heni (thanks to both of you) )
- Fixed a little bug in that caused a traceback
- Added an optional client version message, which is similar to the CTCP VERSION
message on IRC. It sends your client's version via Private Message to a remote
user. You can disable automatic responding of it in the Settings->Server. So far,
it works only with this version of Nicotine and Museek's curses client, Mucous.
Send it via the popup menu in Private chat, or with the command: /ctcpversion
Version 1.0.8-da Sep 11 2005
- Made password to be starred like ***** via cravings' patch
- Added a Give Privileges popup menu item (taken from the development 1.1.0pre1 version of nicotine that hyriand never released.)
- Changed the Upload Files dialog from a textentry to a scrollbox so you don't need to type in the name of the user you wish to upload to, unless it's not a buddy.
Version 1.0.8-d Aug 17 2005
- Fixed the color selector in the Settings Dialog
Want to know how to upload?
- 1.0.8-d is a combo of 1.0.8z and some new stuff, listing it all here.
- Added GTK2-Fileselector (Works nicely for Win32)
- Added many changes to wording of the settings dialogs
- Added Remote Uploads (Browse yourself, right click on files, upload, type in username)
- Added Remote Downloads (Added Checkbox in Settings->Transfers)
- Fixed some of the many PyGTK warning messages
- Fixed the Can't-Get-Userinfo Bug
- Removed the PING-OF-BAN
1) Browse yourself
2) Right-click on the file you want to upload and choose Upload File from the popup menu.
3) Another small window will appear. Type in a username or choose a user from the list, and press OK. You can check to make sure the upload is working in the Uploads Tab.
Why'd I start making this?
This started out as my X-Mas 2004/Yule/New Year 2005 present for all the Nicotine users.
The purpose of the new filechooser is to make life easy for the zillions and zillions of nicotine users who use Windows and to 'prettify' stuff for the rest of us three Linux, OS X and BSD users.
With this fileselector Windows Nicotine users can finally pick directories from any drive within the GUI, rather than having to manually input them in the config file.
Old Packages and Patches: